Shop Polywood Furniture »
Shop All Outdoor Furniture »
Are you looking to decorate your back deck or yard with some stylish yet durable patio furniture? Have you thought about Polywood patio furniture? More and more people are using this eco-friendly material to adorn their home’s exterior. It’s hard not to agree considering its many benefits when compared to other non-sustainable alternatives such as flimsy plastic or expensive wood pieces.
So what is polywood and why is it so special? Polywood is one of the many reasons why you should recycle. To be technical, it is made from high-density polyethylene, UV-inhibited pigment systems, foaming compounds, and selected process additives. Simply put, polywood products are special because the primary raw material is derived from old plastic bottles, such as milk and detergent bottles. So instead of plastic bottles taking up space in a landfill for hundreds of years, they are now used to keep you comfy on a nice summer evening.
Some other advantages of furniture made from poly-wood include:
- It is extremely durable and resistant to nearly anything Mother Nature throws its way. Poly-wood plastic furniture can be left outside in the summer and winter without any adverse effects. The plastic is resistant to sun, rain, sleet, snow, wind, saltwater, chlorine and mildew. You can’t say that about furniture made from wood or metal; wood splinters and rots, while metal rusts.
- Poly-wood furniture is low maintenance and easy to care for; it requires no special coatings, sanding or staining. It does not require hazardous chemical treatments to maintain its durability. Polywood only needs to be cleaned with some good, old-fashioned soap and water.
- It is resistant to corrosive substances, oil and fuels, insects, and salt sprays; since plastic does not absorb moisture, furniture made from polywood will not rot, splinter, or crack. A solution of 1/3 bleach and 2/3 water removes any fungi build up.
- It is well built and constructed. The poly lumber will last a lifetime.
- It comes in a large variety of colors, such as white, sand, green, black, teak, and mahogany. So you are sure to find something that suits your personality and taste.
- Another great characteristic of poly-lumber furniture is that it does not fade.
- Polywood chairs have more weight than cheap, plastic ones so they will not blow away in strong winds.
Tables and chairs made from poly-wood furniture are stylish, sophisticated, and most importantly, comfortable. It doesn’t get much better, in my opinion. So next time you’re enjoying an afternoon or evening on the patio in your recycled polywood chairs, know that you are doing your part to help the environment by doing nothing other than sitting down.
|Garden.com has a great selection of Polywood furniture at great prices!