4' x 2' Garden Starter Coldframe
Protect Vulnerable Seedlings from Garden Pests
This versatile 4' x 2' x 16" miniature greenhouse provides a superior environment for plant growth.
Plant directly in the soil beneath the GardenStarter, or grow in containers. Four standard flats fit in the 4' x 2' bed of the GardenStarter. The rigid, lightweight unit can be easily moved to any garden area including decks, raised beds or tables. Use It Seasonally or Year-Round
- Early Spring -- start from seed 4-6 weeks ahead of season.
- Summer -- protect plants from wind, animals, and foreign seed.
- Autumn -- extend the growing season up to 6 weeks.
- Winter -- Store dormant plants/bulbs. Add a heat source such as a soil cable for winter growing.
With the lid closed on a sunny day, the temperature will be about 20 degrees F warmer inside the GardenStarter, and retain heat through the night. It will warm 10 degrees F or more on a cloudy day.
- Nearly unbreakable double-wall polycarbonate lid transmits light rays that promote growth, diffuses light for straight, even plant growth and blocks harmful UV rays title="Learn More About Our Institutional Greenhouse Packages" target="_blank">
- Opaque double-wall side panels reflect light around plants and provide protection from cold and wind without adding excessive heat.
- Attractive clear redwood frame is naturally resistant to insect and moisture damage. Sized to keep all plants within easy reach.
- Panelized kit takes just a few minutes to assemble. All you need is a Phillips screwdriver.
- "Cook's Garden" salad seed kit to get your garden started with easy-to-grow salad greens.
- Full 5 year warranty against any defects in materials or workmanship.